Students, professors, and researchers in every discipline use good academic papers to convey ideas, present arguments, and engage in scholarly conversation. The academic paper is characterized by evidence-based arguments, careful word choice, logical organization, and an impersonal tone.
Although it is sometimes thought to be long-standing or inaccessible, academic paper writing is just the opposite. It informs, analyzes, and convinces in a straightforward manner and enables the reader to engage critically in any academic dialogue.
In the context of the topic, we will know what the academic paper is, what its uses are. And how to write the best academic paper free of errors and shortcomings.
Knowing how to write an academic paper is essential for students or scientific researchers. This academic research paper has a major role in the development of different sciences.
So, what is the academic paper? It is a scientific study conducted by the scientific researcher in order to achieve his goal. Which may be the discovery of new things. Or it may be to prove the validity of previous scientific theories or criticize them. As it may be by expanding on previously conducted studies and adding new ones to them. And because the academic paper is very important. Many rules and conditions have been set Related to how to write the academic paper. And the researcher or student is supposed to abide by these rules and conditions in writing.
Knowing how to write an academic paper, the researcher will need to abide by the presence of a number of elements in the academic paper, as he is supposed to avoid vague or difficult-to-understand terms, and to avoid using abbreviations as much as possible, and here it is necessary to refer to the researcher or student who wants to publish his academic paper in one of the scientific journals, most of these journals require that the paper be written in a passive form.
So, what are the elements of the academic paper that are required to be present in the paper:
- Title: The scientific researcher should choose for his paper a distinctive and attractive title that expresses a topic and content. The title is also supposed to be short and its words are easy, understandable and easy to memorize.
- Author's name: where the name of the study's author and principal researcher is mentioned, with the names of other persons contributing to the study as other authors.
- Using keywords: It is one of the important elements in how to write an academic paper. It is necessary for the researcher to be careful to use these words in the correct manner.
- Discussing the results of the academic paper: Through this basic element, the results of the paper are discussed, and the researcher makes special comparisons between the results of this study and what the researcher has reached, with the results of previous research and studies, and this is what makes the researcher obliged to formulate the results of his paper in the correct manner that is proven by clues and evidence.
- Coordination: If the scientific researcher wishes to publish his academic paper in one of the refereed scientific journals, he must familiarize himself with the formal conditions (including coordination) set by the scientific journal to accept publication, and coordinate this paper as required.
- Academic paper appendix: which contains a number of data and detailed information on specific parts of the paper, the size of which is greater than it can be included in the main body of the paper, and the appendix can be used by scientific researchers specialized in the same topic as the researcher and research.
The plan for writing an academic paper by the scientific researcher should be very clear and understandable. And it should depend on the words and style that is clear, understandable and far from ambiguity, so that the reader can understand the paper and enjoy while reading it. The scientific paper should be free of any spelling, grammatical or linguistic errors, and the appropriate punctuation marks should be used in writing the paper. And also, it is important that the researcher is supposed to stay away from using the scientific titles method, because in this he will enter into many details that will not benefit him in his academic paper, and he must also be interested in previous studies capable of enriching the research significantly, and therefore the researcher should support His research paper is much larger than these previous studies.
- Select an interesting topic: if you lack ideas, you can search the Internet using search engines.
- Choose an appropriate publishing house: After you have decided on the idea and topic of the research paper, choose a scientific journal suitable for your topic, then review the terms of publication.
- Use resource information
- Formulating the research question: The formulation of the research question is the most important step in writing the article. The research question expresses the goal of writing the scientific article
- Plan your paper and make a base outline: Take notes from your sources, add details to your outline, and make sure you have supporting evidence for your points. Then create a basic outline of the research.
- Write the first draft of your paper: You can start from any part and you should not worry about grammar, punctuation, and spelling while creating your sentences. You will fix it later.
Academic writers from every field face similar challenge during the writing process, and for this reason an academic researcher may be surprised to reject his scientific or academic paper due to the presence of some errors that he may not notice. And to improve your academic writing, here are some tips that will help you when writing your academic paper:
- Your words: The goal of academic writing is to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner. Don't spoil the meaning of your argument with confusing language. If you find yourself writing a sentence longer than 25 words, try to break it up into two or three separate sentences to improve readability.
- Ambiguous or missing thesis statement: The thesis statement is the most important sentence in any academic paper. Your thesis statement should be clear, and every paragraph in the body should be linked to that thesis.
- Informal language: Academic writing is formal in tone and should not include slang, idioms, or conversational language.
- Description without analysis: Don't simply repeat ideas or arguments from the source material. Instead, analyze those arguments and explain how they relate to your point of view.
- Not Citing Sources: Keep track of your source materials throughout the research and writing process. Cite them frequently using one style guide (MLA, APA, or Chicago Manual of Style, depending on the instructions given to you at the start of the project). Any ideas that do not belong to you, whether directly paraphrased or quoted, should be cited to avoid plagiarism.
After knowing the things, methods and advice in writing good academic paper, it is very important to know the content and outputs, and before that to know what academic writing is, this paragraph stands in conclusion with the importance in this article for graduate studies or the field of work, in this article it is possible to strengthen the skills of students The Academy is what makes their name popular in the labor market, and also, as it seeks to raise the level of academic students in terms of scientific research and knowledge of its precise details, it gives them the opportunity to raise the level of their academic work, which may give them the opportunity to publish in international refereed scientific journals.
Students and researchers enrolled in it on the ethics of scientific publishing and scientific research, as well as acquainting students and researchers with the foundations to be followed when they want to write a research paper, all of this contributes to raising the efficiency of the student and researcher and increasing the rate of experience that is added to the CV, thus raising his scientific level and all that. It pours into one crucible, which is to increase experience and prepare to enter the labor market, armed with several scientific researchers that make him acceptable and desirable in any institution. Scientific solution of that researcher.
After completing the academic paper, the good scientific researcher must make sure that he writes it in an appropriate and correct manner, by asking a set of questions, including:
- Were the arguments and evidence used in the paper clear and appropriate?
- Were the questions and hypotheses of the paper answered? Have all the evidence and counter evidence been answered?
- Did he rely on objective thought and logical scientific evidence that is far from any bias or personal whims?
- Was the quotation process done in the correct manner and in the permissible proportions?
- Was scientific honesty fully taken into account when transferring information from sources?
- Were the ideas of the paper appropriately focused? Were all major research ideas discussed?
- Was the paper, as it is in nature, accurate, comprehensive and concise?
- Was the paper coordinated in the correct scientific manner?
- Is the academic paper free of spelling, grammatical and grammatical errors? Was it revised properly?
With greetings: Al - Manara Consulting to help researchers and graduate students