?What information is needed for references in scientific research
References are important because they are receptacles that contain the most important information. And knowledge that researchers need - everywhere - to enrich their scientific research with it in a systematic and objective manner. The references are the scientific sources that the scientific researcher has referred to. In order to obtain accurate information and data that the scientific researcher must include in his scientific research. In order to complete his scientific research in the correct scientific manner. The references that the scientific researcher resort to varies. And they are previous scientific studies, previous scientific research, scientific journals, paper or electronic newspapers. Or books, especially the mothers of books.
The references are characterized by answering a large number of inquiries that researchers need in their academic life. The references are also characterized by the accuracy of the intellectual work done in their preparation. Preparing the references requires the cooperation of a good number of researchers. Because it requires an elaborate and organized collective work of intellectual and literary creativity on the part of its authors. researchers.
The references are also characterized by the comprehensiveness of their scope and scope. As they deal with the issues of their subjects in an orderly. And coordinated manner according to a tight plan with the aim of facilitating the process of searching for the large amount of information contained within. Which contributes to the ease of obtaining it in the fastest time and least effort. And arranges the contents of the references either alphabetically, chronologically. Or Objectively, or what the authors deem appropriate for the research process.
Research references are mainly related to the documentation process. As the ethics of scientific research require the researcher to implement the documentation process for all research references from which he quotes. The process of dealing with research references is carried out according to the following steps:
- The researcher performs the process of determining the research references that he will resort to obtain the information. In view of the aspects related to the subject of his own study.
- After the process of identifying the research references. The researcher determines the information that he will take from these research references. By reading and reviewing these research references.
- The researcher transfers information from the research references to his study.
- The researcher must carry out the complete documentation process for all the research references that he took from.
There are many methods and methods used by researchers in documenting. And clarifying the nature of the references that were relied upon in collecting and harvesting information on the subject of the research study. The most important methods used in documenting references are as follows:
This method is relied upon in documenting references that follow relevant research and studies in the field of human sciences.
The MLA documentation method follows a specific method in writing references used in documenting studies and research. Especially in the field of humanities. And documentation of references in the MLA approach is carried out through the following steps and stages in a sequential order:
- The researcher writes the name of the author as follows: the author's family. And the author's first name.
- The researcher clarifies the title related to the source. It is preferable for the researcher to indicate the title of the source and write it in italics and put it inside quotation marks.
- The researcher writes the title of the referenced topic. And the researcher is supposed to write it in italics in order to distinguish it.
Other MLA styles as a reference of scientific research
- A statement and mention of the people who contributed to the completion of this reference. As if the researcher mentions who translated the references or mentioned those who edited them.
- The researcher mentions the version number of the references.
- The researcher writes down the number of the folder in which the search is categorized.
- In this step, the researcher mentions the house, printing press, or institution responsible for publishing these references.
- In this step, the researcher mentions the date of publication for the references. And the nature of writing the date varies from one reference to another. And the Sunnah only, but the predominant system for mentioning history is that only the Sunnah is mentioned and nothing else.
- In this step, the researcher determines the location within the content of the reference. So the researcher allocates the page from the content of the reference and related to the information he mentioned.
- The researcher shows and mentions the date of his return and his review of the references to document his credibility.
This method is relied upon in documenting references that follow specialized research and studies in the social sciences, and this method can also be used to document references related to educational paths.
This method is one of the methods used by researchers in documenting historical research studies.
It is one of the documentation methods that are used to document research and specialized research studies in the field of chemistry.
It is well-known that the method and method of documenting references differ according to their specializations, topics, types and methods of presentation. He is interested in it when documenting those references. He used in the study according to the type and specialization of the references as follows:
First: Considerations for Documenting References Specialized in Humanitarian Fields
The researcher must rectify a set of issues that must be taken into consideration in the event that he begins documenting references. And one of the most important of these considerations is that the researcher knows the number of authors of the reference. Is it one author or they are a number of authors. And also from the important information is whether Is there a compiler or not. Or is there an editor or not. Is the reference part of a string or is it a single reference that has no string or parts.
Second: Considerations of Documenting Specialized References in the Fields of Social Sciences
The researcher must be aware of a set of matters and considerations and take care of them and take them into consideration. While documenting references that are classified within the competence of social fields. And that help the researcher in documenting references for social sciences in the best possible way and way. Which is classified within the social sciences with the system and method of specialized documentation for studies related to the social sciences, which is the APA method.
The researcher must take into account and know all the requirements and data needed by the APA method when documenting the reference. Which ensures the researcher the safety and correctness of his progress in the field of documenting research work. And which helps in raising the level of evaluation for the researcher.
It must be said that the scientific researcher must follow the method in writing and documenting references in the content of the scientific research. Whether it is in the text or in the list of sources. As well as realizing the necessity of diversifying scientific references in his scientific research; This is for many reasons, the most important of which is to obtain a distinguished position in writing the scientific research. As well as to gain the reader’s confidence in terms of the accuracy and validity of the information contained in the scientific research in question.
- The references are characterized by comprehensiveness as they include most of the vocabulary of the issues they deal with. And then the references deal with all aspects of these issues accurately and in correct ways.
- References are easy to arrange, either alphabetically, chronologically, thematically. Or as researchers deem appropriate, so that the process of accessing the contents of the references is easy and fast.
- References are characterized by the large number of pages. And their contents are valuable, and few copies.
- References are not usually read from their first pages to their last pages. But the pieces in which there are information, topic or idea to be known are read by researchers.
- References are not loaned outside the library halls in which they are located, as they are viewed only inside the libraries.
- References shall be placed in a place designated for them within the libraries, and shall not be mixed with other collections.
- One of the most important motives for informing the scientific researcher about references of all kinds is the scientific researcher’s keenness to write an integrated scientific research. And in turn to make him a good scientific researcher, especially distinguished. As long as the scientific research is measured by the accuracy of the scientific researcher in testing his references to obtain the required information.
- The most important motive for informing the scientific researcher of many references is to gain the reader's confidence in terms of the validity of the information contained in the scientific research.
- And the most important motive for informing the researcher of all kinds of scientific references is to ensure the correctness of the information he obtained from another reference.
- The scientific researcher's passion for reading is one of the motives that encourage the scientific researcher to review the various scientific references that deal with the subject of his scientific research.
- The necessity of diversity in references is also a condition for accepting the scientific researcher as a scientific research that has been prepared as required.
With greetings: Al - Manara Consulting to help researchers and graduate students