The social culture of any society depends on its educated members; Studying is what brings society to civilization, and it is the only way to reform it. And it is noted that educated people are eliminating traditional rules and unjustified customs that reached society from ancient times.
Societies in general and societies in developing countries in particular depend primarily on the education of their future generations; The study will ensure the existence of a productive workforce in the country. And effective individuals who contribute to its development and growth; Therefore, developing societies should improve educational resources and provide adequate educational opportunities for their members.
and that the world actually exists outside the boundaries of the geographical area of each individual, and the new world cannot be reached without education; Studying introduces a person to multiple cultures, through which he learns about different human ideologies and emotions. And enables him to get acquainted with great scholars, ordinary people and many philosophies.
The study can develop life skills by applying them outside the boundaries of school, college or work. So that a person becomes able to argue in formal and informal situations. In addition to being able to learn to express oneself correctly, and the ability to conduct appropriate research in various issues, and to think in an appropriate way. Logical; So that the individual sets realistic goals, is able to analyze phenomena in a scientific manner, and draw realistic conclusions
Also, education provides children with an opportunity to learn many skills in addition to cognitive learning. Such as: drawing, coloring, morality, and others. They will begin to analyze and think over each task that is asked of them
Techniques and methods that help you succeed in your studies
Working on your study methods well is very important to make the most of our knowledge and skills. Which is why you need to know the techniques and strategies that help you get the most out of your study hours.
That’s why days or weeks of classes or the time we allocate to studying alone can be wasted if we fail to take exams at exam time.
- Take a break: Every 50 or 60 minutes, we should take a break and do a 10-minute activity in order to combine the effort devoted to study and leisure activities. And in this way we will associate the study with something positive.
- Elimination of distraction: Some students take about 10 minutes to reach a full state of concentration, and if the focus is interrupted, you have to start again.
- Listening to music to focus: Some people prefer listening to music while studying. And despite the popular belief that it is better to avoid listening to music while studying. Some melodies promote a sense of relaxation during study.
- Study in advance: The student should not study during the day before the exam or even the day of the exam itself.
- Mind Maps: A mind map is a schematic image used to represent related words, ideas, or concepts around a central idea.
- Doing physical activities: Although it may not seem like it, physical exercise can be part of the study methods.
- Changing the places of study: Changing the places in which the student studies improves his focus and becomes able to retain more data
- Maintaining a positive spirit: A positive spirit is crucial when it comes to getting good grades.
- Taking practice exams: Taking a practice exam is more successful than simply reading or underlining important information. The student rethinks possible logical questions that might match the questions of the real exam.
Studying is of great importance for students, because it enables them to obtain the appropriate academic qualifications that guarantee them a wonderful future. And open the door for them to get a job opportunity, and distinguished social position. In order to study effectively, there is a set of skills that students can rely on. them, the most prominent of which are the following:
- First, the skill of reading well: A large number of students read their lessons in a traditional way. And this is what makes them not achieve the desired benefit. In order for students to read their lessons well. The student must choose a suitable place away from disturbance. Preferably with appropriate lighting, and he must sit in a correct manner. He must focus on reading the main title of the topic. And then the side headings, and focus on the goals, and the essential ideas that revolve around it. Subject.
- Secondly, the skill of summarizing and preparing notes. Summarizing is one of the best means that students can rely on in order to study their lessons successfully. Through it, the student collects information, important and expected questions. And then focuses on them while studying, and also helps him use the time Study effectively. Also of course the summaries raise the student's ability to comprehend. Instead of studying the entire book from beginning to end, you can refer to the summary.
- Third, Time management skill. Time management is one of the most important elements that students can rely on to succeed in organizing and arranging their lives correctly. Likewise, he should not forget to allocate time for recreation, rest, and exercise until he regains his activity and vitality, and gets rid of laziness, as well as allocating a sufficient amount of sleep, making sure to wake up early, and avoiding staying up late, and Of course, time management protects students from stress, accumulation of study, and this is what leads to success.
When people pay attention to things, they become mentally prepared for things to come, which is why people remember those things, as they automatically become ready to respond to stimuli. Attention improves sensory discrimination, and a person is exposed to a large number of stimuli, but attention separates a person from the rest and this can be observed and observed.
The thing that is being paid attention to comes into focus and stands out more prominently. This focused attention makes subtle nuances in perceived things that would otherwise have gone unnoticed. Attention makes things clearer and more distinct. Where attention acts as a reinforcement of the sensory process and helps in the better organization of the perceptual field to achieve maximum clarity and understanding of the object or phenomenon under observation. Attention directs human energy as well, as people respond to each other and ignore others. And the meaning of being attentive means focusing one's efforts and efforts in a particular direction so that the things and ideas we bring are relevant to people's needs and purposes.
- Attention provides strength and the ability to persist in performing a task and cognitive performance despite obstacles presented by distraction forces such as noise and unfavorable weather conditions.
- Attention provides better learning as poor attention is a major symptom of behavior disorders such as hyperactivity and learning disorders.
- A skill can only be learned or acquired when the individual is attentive while teaching.
- To be successful, you need to be attentive and focused in the given or chosen direction, so attention leads to success and achievement.
- When one focuses one's attention on a particular topic. It saves the time and energy of the teacher or coach, which speeds up the learning process.
When studying, there is what makes the student’s effort wasted in vain because of mistakes he commits while studying and studying. And there are habits, rather mistakes committed by the student without sufficient awareness of them. Also this article will stop some habits that you should avoid during the study, by highlighting them. And trying to find real solutions to them. Away from theoretical talk and ready-made solutions.
These habits are:
- Postponing studies: It is a common mistake to postpone studies until a short period before exams; This is so that the information remains “new” in the mind of the student as he thinks, but that information is not correct; This is because delaying studies will cause the student to fall under psychological pressure caused by the approaching exam date.
- Resorting to predictions: a large section of students resort to studying only parts of the subject. Such as the ones they think or expect will come in the exam. Thinking that they may be repeated in a large part of it to guarantee them success in the subject, but this method is not correct.
- Not getting enough rest and sleep: Fatigue and exhaustion are the biggest enemy of study and concentration. And that is why you must get an adequate amount of sleep at night.
- Resorting to stimulants: Some students believe that there are drugs that can stimulate memory during exams and studying. In order to store information as long as possible, and this habit is dangerous and should be avoided.
- Studying from other people’s summaries: The student’s summarizing what he is studying himself is the best thing that can be done to consolidate the information. But it is wrong for the student to rely on a summary written by others with his thought and style; For tabulation and arrangement, if it is not in the student’s own pen and handwriting. It will not contribute much in preserving information from being lost.
With greetings: Al - Manara Consulting to help researchers and graduate students