The percentage of plagiarism in the content of research is one of the basics that the researcher or university and graduate student must fully abide by. And when we say percentage, we refer to a maximum that cannot be exceeded. And we also refer to the percentage of Scientific theft as a minimum that it is preferable not to go down. Then The percentage of plagiarism in the research content is limited.
The plagiarism found in the content of the research must be used rationally. Neither in a small way nor in an excessive manner. And about the percentage of Scientific theft allowed in the research content. The next proposition has been made to ensure that the research content is not disturbed as a result of the Scientific theft attributed to it.
Also, it is better to avoid as much as possible from literary theft in order to preserve the rights of researchers and writers. Because this is a transgression of the rights of writers. And also, because they stayed up nights writing their research and they do not accept that their toil goes without a satisfactory result.
When writing research, we must take into account the percentage of plagiarism in scientific research. Since there is a lower ratio and a higher ratio. And I will discuss in my article talking in detail about these ratios.
Before we go into the process of defining the minimum percentage of plagiarism in the content of research. We must realize that this percentage varies from one university to another and from one center and institution to another. The term “minimum plagiarism” in the content of the research is used to refer to the least amount that is supposed to be present in the research content of plagiarism.
In other words, the minimum proportion of plagiarism in the content of research is the lowest proportion of plagiarism imposed by universities for its presence in research. In another way, we say that the minimum proportion of plagiarism in the content of the research indicates the proportion of plagiarism that the researcher must exceed in the process of preparing the research content. The minimum proportion of plagiarism in research content is usually determined by universities as 5% of the total research content or 3%.
It is also preferable for the researcher not to rely on plagiarism to avoid legal accountability. Given that some countries consider literary theft as a crime and the perpetrator is legally held accountable. And may be punished with severe punishment. Therefore, the writer should be very careful when quoting or taking texts from scientific research or books.
Just as there is a minimum percentage of literary theft in the content of research. There is also a maximum percentage, and in the minimum percentage of literary theft in the content of the research. We said that the researcher should exceed it. But in the higher percentage of literary theft in the content of the research, the researcher must not exceed it.
The maximum percentage of Scientific theft in the content of the research can be given the following definition:
It is the proportion of plagiarism that institutions set for the largest number of Scientific theft that the researcher can include from Scientific theft.
The highest percentage of plagiarism varies from one university to another. Some of them allow plagiarism at a minimum of 20% of the entire content of the research. And some allow Scientific theft of 25% of the entire research content. But the accepted average in most universities is the citation rate of 25%.
Universities refuse to accept the research if it exceeds the minimum for plagiarism. The universities examine and then determine the acceptance from the rejection. And the reasons for rejection are due to the following determinants:
- The many plagiarisms in the content of the research mean that the researcher did not express his opinion, and thus the research is not accepted.
- The researcher must add something new to the research. And the presence of high examination rates means that the study relied entirely on previous studies and did not add anything new.
- Plagiarism is one of the most serious reasons that lead to the rejection of the search. And it is necessary to examine the literary theft and know its locations. As well as checking the completion of the correct documentation process for references and sources.
- There is a global pact for libraries and knowledge in which it is well known that a high rate of plagiarism in research means poor quality.
When you finish writing the research. There are many ways to find out the percentage of plagiarism in it and through which a comprehensive examination of the research is done.
The process of examining plagiarism in the content of research has two basic methods. These two methods depend on the implementation method of the citation checking process and the tools used.
First: The process of examining plagiarism in the content of research in a face-to-face way: In the process of examining plagiarism. The person conducting the examination holds the material in front of it. And relies on his thought and informational outcome. And performs the process of matching the information in the content of the research with the contents of other research. Also then performs the process of identifying Existing plagiarism. And then collecting and examining it by dividing it by the number of general words for research and multiplying it by 100%. Plagiarism examination unlike the other method.
Second: The process of examining plagiarism electronically:
There are many programs and websites that implement the process of checking the percentage of Scientific theft in the content of the research. And this examination process depends on copying and pasting the material to be examined on an electronic application. And then these applications perform the examination process from Through verbal. Also literal matching with the data or the huge database on it. And then determine the plagiarism and the final percentage of Scientific theft comes out. But my electronic Scientific theft examination is compared only to the written form. Which means that the proportion of Scientific theft examination in it is incomplete. And one of the most famous programs. The electronic plagiarism test used in the process are Turnitin, Doubly, Kobelex and Paperer.
Yes, the citation is the same as plagiarism. As Scientific theft is the same term for quotation but in English (Plagiarism). But plagiarism takes a more comprehensive and broader definition of quotation. Where plagiarism expresses information taken from references in addition to the use of words that were used in other materials. But Here we have to put the Scientific theft in the right place, which is often inaccurate. For example, the article was talking about (Corona virus). You will find that the Scientific theft has identified all the words of the Corona virus in the article as plagiarism. And this problem appears clearly evident in programs Detecting quotes and plagiarism.
With this, you can detect the percentage of citation and Scientific theft in the article. There are some programs specialized in determining the percentage of citation and plagiarism in the entire content of the material. The most famous of which are the ithenticate and turnitin program. But you must know that the process of detecting the percentage of citation and plagiarism in the article is not accurate using detection programs. For several criteria, the most important of which are:
- The citation and plagiarism detection programs follow the literal matching method only. This makes us have a real problem with the materials we prepare. The percentage will be determined just because there is any similarity in words and information, even if it is not a quote.
- References are not exposed by Cited Information Detection Programs. In the sense that these programs only perform the process of identifying the information quoted from the references without specifying the names of the references.
- As for plagiarism in ideas, it is impossible to detect through these programs.
There are many parameters that protect the content of the research from exceeding the permissible percentage. Among these determinants are:
- Addition: you must add something to the information quoted, and this addition means analysis, discussion and explanation.
- Comparison: The method of making comparisons between the quoted information and the information you have obtained helps you get out of the problem of over-quoted information.
- Know the maximum: You must know the maximum percentage of quoted information allowed in the entire search content. This makes you take into account the general extent to which it will be present in the full context of the information quoted.
- Paraphrasing: Understand the meanings you want to convey and then paraphrase them out of a high examination of the quoted information. As we have indicated, the examination matches only the quoted information.
- Documentation: One of the most important criteria that protects you from plagiarism is the presence of documentation. With the existence of documentation, this does not mean that we can get out of the problem of having a lot of information quoted. But it emphasizes to get out of plagiarism.
With greetings: Al - Manara Consulting to help researchers and graduate students